Instant Information FAQs

Submitted by admin on Wed, 07/10/2019 - 09:05

How do I get mail?

Students will need to go to the post office to rent a post office box. See details in the Student Handbook for the process and documentation needed to rent a post office box while attending AVTEC.

What do I do if I need an accommodation for living and training at AVTEC?  

Students who have a documented disability are responsible for making the needs know to the AVTEC Disability Services Officer, Patti Price at or 907-224-6170.  Assistance is available to complete the steps necessary for AVTEC to make reasonable accommodation to make your living and training successful.

Where do I go when I am sick or injured?

In an emergency call 911 to reach police, fire, or ambulance.   

AVTEC provides first aid supplies in every campus building but does not offer any comprehensive health care services to students. Students are encouraged to utilize resources in the greater Seward community, including:

  • Seward Community Health Center 417 First Avenue, 907-224-2273
  • North Star Clinic (Chugachmuit/Indian Health Service ) 201 Third Avenue, 907-224-3490
  • Glacier Family Medicine Clinic 11724 Seward Highway, 907-224-8733
  • Providence Emergency Services 417 First Avenue, 907-224-5205 (Open 24 Hours)

How do I contact the Residence Life staff?

The Residence Life phone is answered 24 hours a day when school is in session. The number is 907-362-1645.

How do I contact the Financial Aid Officer?

The Financial Aid Office is located in the business office in the First Lake Building. The Financial Aid Officer is Kim Kain, and she can be reached at or 907-224-6157.