AVTEC is required to have a fair and equitable refund policy. Using the appropriate refund policy related to the student’s financing and program length, a refund is calculated when a student withdraws, drops out, is terminated, or otherwise fails to complete the student’s contracted training program on or after the first day of training. The institution refunds 100 percent of the tuition and fees collected in advance for classes it cancels, within 30 days of the planned start date.
Refund calculations are made from the last date of recorded attendance. Refunds are processed no later than 30 days after the student’s official withdrawal date. If the student does not officially withdraw, refunds will be made no later than 30 days from the date the school terminates the student or determines the student has withdrawn.
At times students present with multiple sources of funding. When leaving AVTEC and requesting a refund, any student funds remaining on account for repayment are prioritized depending on the regulations that apply to the source of those funds. The following is the priority of the distribution of refunds, as mandated by Federal and State regulations:
1) Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans
2) Subsidized Federal Direct Loans
3) Federal Pell Grants
4) Alaska Supplemental Education Loan
5) Other federal, state, private, or institutional sources of aid
6) The student and/or student’s family.
Tuition Refund Policy
After 50 percent of the allotted program training period has elapsed, no refunds will be granted. Prior to 50 percent of lapsed training time, refunds will be made as follows:
- Prior to the 4th day of training, 100 percent tuition refund.
- The 4th day up to ten percent of the allotted program training for that period, 90 percent tuition refund
- After ten percent but not more than 20 percent of the allotted program training, 80 percent tuition refund
- After 20 percent but not more than 25 percent of the allotted program training, 55 percent tuition refund
- After 25 percent but not more than 50 percent of the allotted program training, 30 percent tuition refund
Room and Board Refund Policy
Room and board/rent is refunded consistent with the agreement signed for housing. Any funds on account in excess of the current charges will be refunded provided the room is cleaned and free of damage above reasonable wear and tear.
Veteran’s Refund Policy
Refunds to eligible veterans will be made on a prorated basis.
Returned Check Policy
A returned check fee of $25.00 is charged to the account of the student on whose behalf the check was written. The fee is assessed for any checks returned to AVTEC regardless of the reason.