Concerns about any aspect of the student experience should be addressed through the AVTEC resolution process.
Students may file a formal appeal to a disciplinary action within two (2) business days of the date of receipt of the notice of discipline based on one or more of the following grounds:
- To provide new or additional information regarding the disciplinary action
- To correct information stated in the disciplinary action that would impact the decision
- To appeal the disciplinary action because it does not follow the policies as outlined in the AVTEC Student Handbook
The counseling staff can assist students with the appeal process as follows:
- Student receives the appeals form from a counselor.
- Student completes the appeals form and returns it to the counselor, who submits to the Director or their designee.
- Student and counselor are notified of the time and place for the hearing of the appeal.
- Student is notified of the decision of their appeal in writing within 24 hours of the appeal hearing date; this notice, with any terms and conditions for the student to return, will become part of the student’s permanent record.